RE: [Harp-L] Significant others and harp

Barbara wrote:

Guess I am one of the fortunate ones.  My husband sometimes even asks
me to play, Other times he whistles along ( he has a perfect pitch,
spot on whistle). Sort of a cool duet.  However, at home I don't use an
amp and I mainly play Irish, Scottish, Old-Time and gospel, so that may
make a difference.  Also, If I am working on a new tune and playing
bits over and over, I do it when he is out or I shut myself in a room
and use earphones so he can listen to his music ( classical and old
rock).I also make sure to spend time with him (outside activities,
sports , ETC! ( the etc. is REALLY big).  We have been married 36 years
(tomorrow) and I have been involved with music (different instruments)
the whole time so we have had a while to work things out.  We do OK
most times.  Steve, I keep my harps in the dining room.

Congratulations Barbara, my wife and I will be calibrating 36 years on Flag
Day, and I am forever thankful for her love of music and her patience with
my practicing.  She goes with me, as much as she can, when ever I am
performing.  She has even started taking piano lessons to increase her music
appreciation.  I don't want to make anyone envious but I have one of the
best partners, ever.

Doyle