Re: Re: [Harp-L] re: reverb and delay

fjm wrote:
> Regarding the 127 number, hmm maybe so I've never gotten past
> the 10 or so saved user defined programs I currently use.

Yes, that was my point in putting "only" in quotes: 127 is a LOT of
user storage programs.  I have about 10 that I use as well (a couple
of reverbs, a chorus, a delay, an octave, etc.).  I usually start
with one that sounds closest to what I want, and then tone it WAY
down.  As I mentioned in my other post, studio effects units are
commonly used as part of a mix, where the amount of effect in a
channel can be controlled by twisting a knob.  If you're running the
signal live it's usually far too "wet".

For a smaller unit, I also have an Alesis Wedge that I used as an FX
device on my mixer.  It has much of the same functionality as the
Midiverb but in more of a "stompbox" configuration, with a very
similar user interface.  I think the Wedge has been discontinued by
Alesis.  It may seem paradoxical to use the Midiverb with the
amplifier and the Wedge with the studio setup, but it works for me.

-tim