Re: [Harp-L] U Blocking

I have always called what I do "channeling" since I use my tongue to
"channel" air into the notes I want (almost as if my tongue were a straw).
It is also apparently another application of a U-block. Using variations on
this technique, I can get double stops and single notes as I need them at
fast tempos so that I can keep up with the fiddle, mandolin, and banjo
players. The technique also switches well with some puckers and
tongue-blocking (depending upon the player, of course).
 Cara Cooke
www.cyberharp.isonfire.com <http://www.cyberharp.isonfire.com>