Re: [Harp-L] J Ricci CD - Blood on the Road

--- Blake Taylor <taylorb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
<<snip>>
> Basically, it doesn't sound like a live cd.
> Jason, have you been cheating in the
> studio!?!? ;)
>
>  - BAT

Hey Blake,

I'm pretty sure Blood on the Road was recorded in a
small studio here in Denver, basically in one day,
while he was touring through town. When I saw him
at Lincoln's Road House here on a Sunday he was
reviewing photos that were to be used on the cover.
Monday morning he was to do the session.

Yes it was recorded in a studio, but I'd hardly
call it cheating. He was, in fact, on the road,
when it was recorded. :-)

He later told me he wanted to get the energy and
drive of his live performances without the
distraction of the loud drunks talking, screaming,
dropped plates and general poor sound quality of an
actual live bar gig. I think he pretty much hit the
nail with Blood on the Road. It's pure Ricci.

Harpin' in Colorado,
--Ken M.

Yahoo! Mail for Mobile
http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail