[Harp-L] Jason Ricci Review!

Went to see Jason @ Mexicali Blues
I Only got 2 Words to Describe this show. !#%@#& Awesome!
Jason really blew the house Down I don't think I've Ever seen Anything like it!
It was a truely humbling experience. After seeing Jason It really gives you an idea of how  much further you got to go to master this darn harmonica. He is a master and a hell of a nice guy also. I have never met Jason Before or traded any personal E-mails with him. But I walked in and saw him sitting at the bar I walked up to him and said Hi I'm on Harp-l, to which he instantly replied Chuck?
I couldn't believe he knew my name. He said he had been on Harp-l earlier in the day and read my post about comming to the show. But I thought it was classy of him to know my name. Then He pulled up a bar stool and asked me sit down.
I ended up talking to him for at Least a half an hour and he was totally cool and answered any questions I had And shared info on how he sets up his rig and what gear he was using. Also his Guitar Player Shawn Starski Was unbelievable! this kid is only 25 and really kicks ass. These 2 young kids can really play and have a veteran rythym section to back them in Slim Louis and Steve Johnson. Also a feature of the night was HBO was there to film a segment for a show they are doing about kids in Music and there was a 10 year old kid in the audience who got up and played with Jason On Feel Good Funk. The kids name was Kyle, didn't catch his last name.Anyway the kid got up there and was pretty impressive for a 10 year old. Jason was totally cool and gave him plenty space to stretch out. So keep your eye out for this show on HBO.

all I have to say is if you haven't gone to see Jason Your really missing out on some of the most Impessive Harmonica playing I've ever seen.

Jason, If your reading this Rock On Brother! Thanks for the tips. And Make sure you make it back to NJ in the near future. I'm sure to be there.

Chuck

come see my web site at :
http://www.myspace.com/18686673