Re: [Harp-L] NO blues

As an innocent naive Kiwi Id love to know what the shoe scam is,case i ever get to New Orleans...(dream)
Rick in NZ
----- Original Message ----- From: "James Sterett" <jsterett@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>; <mojoworkin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, July 23, 2005 8:26 AM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] NO blues

I didn't get caught, but a buddy of mine did. Told me the story. A few years later, I'm standing on a corner in the French Quarter, and a guy laid the shoe bet on me. Fore-warned is fore-armed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
James Sterett
Technical Services
Goshen Central School District
C.J. Hooker MS Annex
41 Lincoln Avenue
Goshen, NY 10924
jsterett@xxxxxxxxx
fax: (845) 294-8701
tel.: (845) 294-1261

"billannette" <mojoworkin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> 07/22/05 1:45 PM >>>

New Orleans jumps to mind. So much to hear, see and eat there...

when in NO, some friendly advice: don't bet anybody they can't tell you where you got your shoes.

Heh-heh-heh-you got caught on that one too? I've been to NO several times, and that's the only line I got caught on.

As far as blues goes, I like Memphis better-maybe I've been unlucky in NO, but the music there just seems touristy. I have heard some really good stuff in Memphis though.

Bill