Re: [Harp-L] Reverb v Delay

For years and years I used a Watkins Copycat analogue tape "delay"... It made
it just SO easy to play.... But then I realised.... it was just disguising my
sloppy playing! These days I use the built in reverb on my Fender amplifier,
just a little. Most times I dont even use that!
Reverb/Delay has its place, but should NOT be used all of the time...What
matters is the original sound you make... the reverb/delay is a "crutch"...Ity
will make "rubbish" playing sound "ok"! BUT It is NOT NEEDED most of the time...
IMHO! If you make a good sound, you don't need "effects"... But effects CAN
be useful now and then :-)
John Walden
London
England