[Harp-L] blues vs "other" music

I fell in love with the harp after hearing a bunch of music around the same
period of time (I was 12-15 yrs old) It was Dylan, Stevie Wonder,  Sonny
Terry, Jimmy Reed, Butterfield and the tasty morsels that peppered the
Beatles & CSN&Y to name a few. I have never looked at the harp as a purely
blues instrument. I just wanted to add harmonica to the music I like.

It's all good.if it makes you feel good. I worry more about "emotions per
second" than "notes played per second" Many times these two concepts
converge! Gotta love it then.

In my new band my level of play at this point in time will surely disappoint
"harp heads" looking for technical points ( I may even be called a
w*anker!)...but the comments I get from the audience and band-mates are so
positive and nice to hear.  I must confess, to the disappointment of many of
you here, these guys love doing  Mustang Sally and I enjoy tearing it up
with them. It never fails to fill the dance floor. When we do Marvin Gayes
"What's Going on" my eyes start to tear..I just pour my heart into my harp
and "Drift Away" .oh yeah we play that one too :-)

WB