[Harp-L] money

Business is business...if the club/bar has the cash register on while you
play a fair wage is required. While I believe that self promotion and a
following is a great negotiating tool I also feel that the venue owner bears
the main responsibility of getting seats filled. If the roast beef special
gets advertised to bring in the crowd so should the entertainment! Too many
people associate trying to make money as a negative for a musician "if they
really love the music". That's a bunch of bull..chronic "give-it-away"
musicians spoil the club owners and hurt the musicians earning potential.
Bottom line: amps aren't free, mic's aren't free, harps aren't free.yada
yada yada. You don't have to be a superstar to expect to get paid if you are
in the mix of food and drinks being sold FOR PROFIT!

Warren Bee