Re: [Harp-L] Clint Black

In a message dated 7/23/05 12:28:06 AM, rdg@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> The first Clint Black tune I heard with harmonica in it was "Put Yourself
> in My Shoes". I was immediately impressed. (The other thing I liked, of
> course, was none of the other (friendly but competing) local country bands at the
> time could do the tune real justice since any attempt to do the intro with
> another instrument sounded, well, "not enough like the original tune" <grin>.
> That tune was gift to country bands with harp players in 'em.

I tried this one on harp at a little jam session in a bar at a resort one
time. I had heard the song enough to know how the lick went, but I had to fake
part of it. I later worked it out, but I maintain that he's a heckuva   harp
player for a guy who is really a singer-type artist.

Still a fool for the Harp
Steve 'Moandabluz' Webb