RE: [Harp-L] we dare not mention

Gotta agree with that. I've never cared for Popper's studio efforts
but in a live the man is a beast.  I think a person needs to
understand his style to really get it.  It's not about notes or what
he plays, he how and when he plays.  It's all about energy and
ferocity.  Look at it that way and few harp players can match him.  I
think the man as a musician is great.  He's be able to break though
all of the standard harmonica molds and create his own.  That's a
mark of genius in my book. He may not like what most of you play
either but I guarantee you that he understands and respects what you
do.  For everyone that hates him, give the man his much earned
respect. The man is an original and that puts him in league with
Walter Jacobs, Howard Levy and Stevie Wonder.

To Steve,

were you the salesman in the Jackass movie? :-)

>From: steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: RE: [Harp-L] we dare not  mention
>Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 10:03:10 -0500
>

>>Thanks,
>>	I'm not one to buck the system but here's my two cents worth.
>ANYONE who
>>sacrifices and makes a full time living  as a musician has my
>respect and
>>admiration. Heck, I sit here and sell toilets all day. Who am I to
>>criticize-- enough said....Steve

Chris Michalek

www.michalekstrone.com
CD Available