Re: [Harp-L] Appropriate compensation for gigs

Well said Tobe Terrel

PLAY BECAUSE YOU WANT TO.... The money is a bonus... Today I played a gig at
a secondary (high) school... For free.... It was one of the best gigs I have
played in years.... And If just one of those teenagers that heard my harp
playing get "inspired "... Then perhaps my performing today might have encouraged
"the greatest" harp player ever!  in just a few years time.....
I play for the love of the music... OK, I DO make a profit (just!), but that
is NOT why I play...
Best wishes
John Walden
London