Re: [Harp-L] Re: That gurgling/snoring sound

Hi Dave,
    It could be that while you move your tongue
back to make a bend, you don't follow the contour of
the roof of your mouth with your tongue as you pull
it all the way back. What happens is that you skip
past, or miss the point where the bend occurs and go
straight to the soft pallet where the snore sound
happens. I hope this helps you.
                       . . . Keith

Thanks Keith. Actually, the sound happens on bends that are low enough that my tongue movement isn't enough and I'm bending by causing the pressure change with my throat. Controlling the pitch by changing what part of the throat does the constricting. There's a spot that want's to snore. There must be more to it since although I can hit the pitches while looking at Bendometer, when I just playing I still lack accuracy (keep paying). The snore spot is a vexation that messes up my playing. I'll try mixing the tongue like you said and see if it allows me to miss that spot.

Peace and music,
Dave