Subject: [Harp-L] Augusta

Peter Henderson writes;

"One point I'd like to add to the Augusta/Jam Camp discussion that  has
not been addressed is that Augusta is not just a harp workshop or even  a
blues workshop. In addition to guitar, fiddle, mandolin, bass, et.  there
are classes for traditional crafts, dance, singing, ginseng  collecting...you
get the idea.  The beauty of this is that when you stand in line at  the
cafeteria you have this incredibly diverse group of people and  interests.
You'll fall in love, nurse hangovers, make connections that  last.  Its quite
amazing"

...I hadn't realized that this was the same back--to-the-basics  learning
vacation I had looked at several years ago when I was interested  in mastering
spinning my own yarn.  I only recently made the  connection.  It sounded
wonderful even back then when I was trying to  figure out how to get away for a week
to indulge my creative/crafts gene.   The only problem I could foresee now is
feeling the urge to  detour into some of the other workshops (with harp in
hand, of  course)<g>
Elizabeth