[Harp-L] Augusta Blues Week - report

Last night (Sun) was the beginning of Blues Week. There are over 50 harmonica students enrolled for day classes and at least 16 more beginning harmonica players (from outside of Blues Week) signed up for Carlos Del Junco's beginners mini-class - lots of familiar faces from previous Blues Weeks and Gindick's Camp.

The opening concert was a harmonica extravaganza, with Phil Wiggins, Grant Dermody, Carlos Del Junco, Jackie Merrit and myself (The Iceman). We all did solo pieces and duo/combo performances - harmonica only, no other back up instrument.

I brought out the BOSE PAS system for this one - it was a magic evening where everything felt right, from the grooves to the total sound. What a way to begin the week.

Allen Holmes will also be here, helping Dennis Gruenling with Joe Filisko's classes.

Having a wonderful time ..  wish you were here.

The Iceman