Re: [Harp-L] 12th Position

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jonathan Metts"
<jonathan@xxxx> wrote:
> Of all the uncommon harp positions, 12th seems the most useful, since
> you can play in one key to the left of the harp key on the circle of
> fifths.

If you play a I-IV-V progression in 1st position (C on a C harp) the
keys of the changes are C, F and G.  This is the equivalent of playing
1st, 12th and 2nd positions, respectively.  So, if you are comfortable
playing through changes in 1st position you can probably already cover
more 12th position than you realize!

-tim