[Harp-L] Copying an amp

Hey Folks,

I have a question that on the surface sounds kind of dumb but since I've
never built an amp it might not be.  Here it is:  Suppose I have a
point-to-point wired amp (which I do) that I really, really love (which I
do) and I wanted to make a copy of it just for my own use and as a project
for maybe next winter (as if I don't have enough to do as it is).  If I get
all the proper components, caps, resistors, transformers, speakers etc, and
wired it up exactly the same as the original, making nice, clean solder
joints and all that would it be unreasonable to expect to end up with an amp
that sounds pretty close to the original?  Would it be hard? What would be
the pitfalls?  Anybody ever do this?

Sam Blancato, Pittsburgh