Re: [Harp-L] NYC JRNB shows

From: Jp Pagan <jpl_pagan@xxxxxxxxx>

Dan <billybudd1313@...> wrote:

> Can any of you guys give some insight into which
club is set up
> the best of the three JRNB will be at next week?

i'd like to throw a bit of support behind Terra
Blues. while i haven't been to either Scotland Yard or
Mexicali, i've been to see Jason at Terra at least 3
times now, and it's always been a good show. Terra
Blues is, by their own reckoning if not in actual
fact, the last remaining all-blues club in NYC. only a
$5 cover (if you get there early enough, you can get
in without it. and i've never had a drink minimum
enforced, if there is one). not sure if Jason has his
own favorites, in terms of clubs around NYC, but at
least at Terra you can get a good place to sit, you
can see the band clearly from anywhere, and you can
walk up and meet the sexy rocker himself between sets
(unless, like last time, he doesn't take a break and
just plays one super-long set, in which case you can
hang with him afterwards.)
From what the SRocker tells me, Terra Blues is a hard place for him to work,
they don't treat him that well, but he keeps going back.
Go there, show support and help him to feel comfortable so hat he can provide you and New York some of the best harmonica music ever.

Michael Peloquin
come to Jam Camp in San Diego, Oct 14-16, 2005
tell them Michael sent you
http://www.gindick.com
http://www.harpsax.com