Re: [Harp-L] Do you move your mouth or your harp?

Robert Gaustad wrote:

I think it was Sonny Boy Williamson who said something to the effect that if
you move your harp when you're playing and not your mouth on the harp,
you're not playing. I can't find the exact quote but the essence is that
the best way to play is to hold the harp in the same position and move your
mouth over the holes. That's the way I play...but not exactly. I'll move
the harp ends up or down depending upon how much I'm getting into it and
what I'm trying to do, but I'll never move it side to side.
I'm curious if any of you play harp by moving it side to side with your head
stationary or close to it at least.
Robert Gaustad