[Harp-L] re: diatonic harp choice

I use Lee Oskars. There's a certain clarity with them, an ability to be heard
over the din of two guitarists, a bass, and drums. They last a long time.
Everyone I play with uses a tuner. No one has commented that the Lee Oskars
sound out of tune.

I bought a Blues Harp a year or two back. It was okay. The action was too soft,
the sound dull, and it only lasted a couple months. I had a hard time with the
wooden comb swelling. Despite the negative comments, I'm not slamming the harp.
It was different than what I'm used to.

I switched from Hohner back in the bad old days when quality control was an
issue. I've heard that Hohner is doing much better.I keep meaning to try them
again but with the Lee Oskars lasting years of daily playing, I don't buy many
harps anymore.

Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.spaceanimals.com
http://www.soundclick.com/theelectricstarlightspaceanimals.htm