Re: [Harp-L] If you can't stand the heat...

Steve Shaw wrote:

Our trio played at an afternoon wedding party yesterday.

We TRIED to play a lawn party but the palm trees kept blowing away. Then the LAWN blew away.

We were sat in a gazebo with open sides so we had some protection from direct sun, but the garden itself is a real suntrap and boy was it hot.

We were in a Tiki hut with open sides, but after hurricane Dennis went through, there went the roof. Even though the wind was blowing (didn't need fans), it was still hot. Humid too, what with all the rain and water from the lagoon blowing up in our faces.

...Has anyone (maybe from a hotter clime than I'm used to!) got any good advice for getting round this?

The main things to worry about were sheared off street signs and car doors 'frisbeeing' around. Luckily, I had brought several ropes to tie down my car. On the way home, I was able to collect a lot of nice firewood.

smokey-joe