Re: [Harp-L] If you can't stand the heat...

Right now we are playing in 103 degree heat with humidity here in Texas. You
do what you can to stay within the confines of the gig and still stay cool.
Drink lots of water and eat fruit -- especially melon-type things
(watermelon, cantaloupe, etc.) or citrus. (They have vitamins and water
within them, killing two stones at once.) Gatorade can be helpful, too, but
not too much of it -- just enough to balance your body with the water.
Mostly you will need water, shade, and air flow. Then you play as well as
you can for everyone there. Since they are melting, too, they will be a
little forgiving if you are also too hot to be at your best and will be
impressed if you manage to put on a good show anyway, despite the heat. If
there are fans to be pointed in various directions, see if they will point
one towards you -- but not across the microphones and, hopefully, on a
different circuit.
 Our ancestors were smarter than we are. They scheduled things in the shade
and during cooler parts of the day, built houses that breathe, and
acclimated as the seasons changed. There is a lesson there.
 Cara