[Harp-L] (no subject)

Hi Hurricane,
Well put.I do know what is like to be a champion like yourself.I won 2 gold medals last year in TX. at the Barefoot Waterskiing Nationals.It was the greatest feeling in the world and the most exciting and surprising aside from watching my children being born. I try to employ the same principles to the harmonica and vocals.I have been back at it strong for nearly 2 years( after a divorce) and loving it..I am going at it with the same determination,passion, and vigor as I did the skiing.The playing is less punishing on the body for sure as I am approching the BIG 50.
This site has certainly given me alot of new info and insite.I am new to it within the last 2 months.I am starting to discover thet if I practiced as much as I have been reading I would be advancing even faster, but there are some really good topics here.I do have an addictive persoality and I find this harp l somewhat addicting and time consuming..
I find that being goal orientated and having patience with yourself is paramount.If you know in your heart that you are doing your do diligence and having fun along the way things will happen the way that they are suppose to happen when they are suppose to happen.I have met some of the nicest people all over the United States from the barefooting world which in the big picture is a tiny organization like the harmonica lovers of the world.IF YOU KEEP AT IT LONG ENOUGH AND HARD ENOUGH YOU WILL GET TO RUB ELBOW WITH THE BEST IN THE WORLD. The world champ is staying at my house next week and doing a clinic for 25 skiers all week long.I am close to a world level with that organization.I am hoping do do the same with my playing. I have a goal and a vision of having a nice motorhome and traveling to gigs either mine or others and getting in some skiing during the day and some playing in the eves..When you know people in all the big cities, this is a possiblity and a dream and goal which is attainable for me within a 10 year period when my children will be out of the house.A tour in Europe would be nice like in the year 2020.Its ok to dream and dream big because dreams do come true as they have for me by just believing in yourself and applying the priciples.YOU ALSO HAVE TO BE WILLING TO DO WHAT THE OTHERS AREN'T. And that usually mean to put in the time,energy,determination,and don't burn bridges along the way. Neither of these passions come easy and there are no shortcuts. If you love anything enough, you will love it somedays and hate it others, you will be good at it somedays and not so good at it on other days.The important thing is to follow and chase your dreams with passion. I didn't mean to go on so long guys. Kevin Keith