Re: [Harp-L] Dennis Gruenling..l. TAKE THAT!

"Jason R" <jason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>   I get a lot of Kudos on this list for being fast and all but let me say
> Dennis is really fast too yall! He's just playing a lot of arpeggios and
> diminished arpeggios so they sound more flowing then all the triplet and
> sixteenth note spit and wax stuff I do all the time(Although rocking as it
> may be). This, The Low Harps, his Tone amplified and acoustic, this wacky
> Tremolo thing he does that sounds identical to a Leslie Cab,his tounge block
> trills, and the way he moves his hips got me on a Gruenling crusade!

put me in the camp that doesn't know what most of that means.  but i do
know that dennis is amazing.  one of the best things i've ever heard live
was dennis playing (with peter karp band) "like a rolling stone".  blew me away.

>    What I'm trying to say is...Wally Recorded that night and I listened to
> over and over not studying it but absorbing it. I also got to be on Jon
> Gindick's Teacher staff with Dennis and got to see him there as well as the
> previous year at Spah and such! Harp L fans! If you haven't seen him you
> don't know!!!! Dennis stole that recording from me and said he was going to
> give it Gary Hodgenson

(Jasson Rici meant to write "Garry Hodgson" here.)

> or one better for archive.org but as far as I know he
> hasn't. Lets all Harass Dennis until he does. Lets e-mail him and all that
> until he succeeds and hands it over to the sexy software rocker G.H..

far be it from me to ever tell dennis what to do (except for "keep playing!").
but if and when he ever decides he'd like to try the archive.org thing, i'll be
thrilled to help out.

----
Garry Hodgson, Technical Consultant, AT&T Labs

Your love, your anger, your kindness, your hate.
All of it creates the future for you and your children.
What kind of future are you creating today?