[Harp-L] Continuing trouble with '59 Bassman LTD:blows fuses,

Several years ago I bought  a used '59 reissue, which I still have, and
began to play with the tubes to get more of the sound I wanted. I got an old
rectifier from a master amp repairman/rebuilder in the Baltimore area. It
warmed up my sound a bit. He said you can always tell if a rectifier is bad.
It doesn't turn on. Doesn't glow. It's either working or not. So from my
limited knowledge I'd guess the rectifier is not the issue.
Any one out there willing to comment on this idea?: The amp keeps blowing
due to an impedance issue. For some reason, somewhere in the wiring the
amp's impedence is too low. So it puts out too much and heats up. Whaddya
think?
Good luck!
Harmonica Blu
BluXpress@xxxxxxxxx