Re: [Harp-L] Who decides who is Bad or Good?

I've recently joined a band with a female vocalist that I've known for a few years.  The bass player plays a mean Chromatic and I am just getting started with it, having played only Diatonic.  He whips it out on a few tunes (and of course the bass just drops off the bottom) but it doesn't bother me at all...now....at first it did, but he wasn't a jerk about it and it did add to the tune.  The guitarist plays some harp as well (diatonic) so we plan on trying to work all three in a tune a'la Harp Attack if we can.  I've been in situations similar to the ones in this thread but this is kinda different where these guys play harp a little bit but they know that I'm the bands harpist and they're bass and guitar guys, and they're not jerks.  I got lucky this time around I guess.  They are not critical of my playing and approach and offer no suggestions to me unless I ask which is the way I like it.

Chester Neal - Wheaton Illinois - Renee Blixt And Ratio