Re: RE: [Harp-L] Re: John Popper

Eric Garcia wrote:
> he plays many "wrong" notes on the harp and gets away with
> it simply because he's "john popper, i play superfast harp
> and no one will know."

I'm glad the word "wrong" is in quotes here.  I'd make the argument
that unless he's playing a scored piece and hits an incorrect note,
there's no way to know if he's playing "wrong" notes unless you know
what he intended to play, and no one knows that but Popper.  I never
thought the man was trying to get away with anything; he's hanging it
all out there for everyone to see.  Sometimes the imperfections are
what make things perfect.

-tim