Re: [Harp-L] a little more on gear

Mike Curtis said [BTW, nice to see ya back 'round these here parts, oh
Ferrous One! ;) ] ...........

>My point is that better musicians tend to be the least dependent
>on gear to get their sound.

Ain't it a fact!  Not only are they probably so firm and settled in their own
musical skin by now that they can immediately tell if what's coming out of
the speaker as they set up is what they're looking for in the sound they
want, great musicians have also often gotten where they are after playing
through just about any type of gear out there in order to ~arrive~ where they
are.

I would imagine there is a lot of intuitive mental adjustment that goes on
when such a player tweaks an amp's or other setting looking for what delivers
the closest thing to what they want to hear.  And knobs is just knobs to them
with few mysteries left to sort out.

As for harp content, and you'll love this, folks!...  Back in mid-April, I
went to a day of the Wanee Festival in North Florida at Suwannee River Music
Park.  As I was finding my van a campsite, on stage at the time was The John
Popper Project [toldya! ;)] With DJ Logic.  I got to hear maybe half of the
crew's performance, and I gotta tell you, JP is stretching these days a bit!
Later, Galactic came on, who has a fine harp/sax player already, and they had
John come out and plug in for a tune.  Late that night, after Govt Mule, the
Allman Brothers Band finished up and had John back for a couple more.

Guess what?  Even though the rigs differed, and the songs were unique to each
band's style... he sounded just exactly like John Popper all three times!!!

Imagine that!?!

(: Bobbie :)
harp spoken here