RE: [Harp-L] maestro

sounds to me like a simple non gounded ac power plug... but a good tech will be able to sort that out. An electric shock can be very serious - so don't use the amp if it shocks you... pretty much a bad thing.

I am having my Silvertone 1471 brought up to date with a grounded power cord. I figure the shocking events will be diminished now. (except for the bill, that is)

	-----Original Message-----
	From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Mark Garisson
	Sent: Mon 1/31/2005 8:30 PM
	To: harpL
	Subject: [Harp-L] maestro

	anyone familiar with the Gibson Maestro? I picked one up for $200 but I know very little to nothing about amps (I mean,afterall, my amp of choice has been a hognose run thru a blues driver). Anyway, the guy I got it from said he thinks it is an early 60's vintage. Sounds good but it does have a short somewhere-will sometimes shock you when you grab a switch.