[Harp-L] 8" speakers (was: Gibson GA90)

Gary wrote:
"The guys with the really loud bands had commented that the 8 inchers did not project far enough into the audience, and besides, Pyle went out of business hence ending any other ideas of using 8" speakers. I have tried every new one on the market and they all use a smooth shiny cone that sounds like buzzing bees."

Just curious -- have you tried Marble Amps' special design "Marble Bluetone" 8-inch speaker? My Marble Max amp is loaded with one and it's GREAT. The spiel on their web site (www.marble-amps.com/) says:

We are very proud to present our latest achievement in Harp amplification. Together with the technical development team of the Jensen Factory in Italy we have created a new 8 inch loudspeaker for our range of Harps amps. After much testing and consulting with the Jensen crew for almost a year we are very happy with the final results.

The special designed "Marble Bluetone" is constructed in the way we know of Jensen speakers. A green painted hotdog slotted basket with a large ceramic magnet for great sensitivity and bottom end are combined with a trombone shaped cone with a paper coil former. The sound is absolutly vintage but up front, with a smooth distinct midrange and great low end. The treble responce is never harsh but moderate voiced. When pushed screaming leads are easily produced with a nice agressive growl.

MN