RE: [Harp-L] Amps & Processors

The RP400 is not a subsitute for a good tube amp.  It's an
alternative where otherwise an amp may not work.

I love the feeling of standing in front of my amp.  I love how the
ground rumbles with my low F harp. I love the sound of using an OC-2
as a preamp to my amp.

The RP400 is great for all that it does.  If you're just a blues guy
then the Digitech isn't really useful for you unless you're in a
small coffee house. I find it useful because I play mostly jazz
inflected original music when a overdriven and distorted sound is
needed on maybe three tune per night. I used the Digitech at a blues
gig once.  It was great and fool my guitarist but ultimately a real
amps has more balls even though I thought the digitech sounded better
on a few occasions.

I'm using the Deluxe Reverb amp at most med-small blues gigs and the
Digitech for all of my jazz shows. The right tool for the job is the
method of thought in this regard.

Peace,

Chris Michalek