[Harp-L] New Matthew Skoller Band CD

Hi all,

A couple of years ago, I had the opportunity to spend an evening hanging
out at Chicago B.L.U.E.S. in Chicago with Matthew Skoller, the leader,
singer, harp player, and songwriter for the Matthew Skoller Band.  It
was an enjoyable night; Skoller and I both sat in with the house band
(it was jam night at Chicago B.L.U.E.S.), and we talked about music and
the blues life, both of which Skoller knows well.  I remember, for
example, that I commented on how terrific one of the guitarists was.
Skoller -- who knew the guy well -- agreed, but said he was tough to
work with from a harp player's point of view, because he wouldn't stay
low on the neck of the guitar, and guitarists who don't do that just
bury the harp player.

I learned a few days ago that Skoller has released a new CD, "These Kind
of Blues".  I went to Skoller's site to check out the music, and enjoyed
it thoroughly.  Thre's a lot to like here, including plenty of hot
harmonica, lots of strong grooves, and great lyrics.  Besides Skoller's
harp playing, I'm especially fond of his brother Larry's work on guitar
-- now there's a guy who knows how to groove low on the neck.  If you
like The Fabulous Thunderbirds, you'll eat this stuff up.

You can hear samples from every song on the CD at:
http://matthewskoller.com/

It's worth the trip.

Standard disclaimer: This is my opinion only. I have received no
remuneration nor consideration from anyone for this message.

Regards, Richard Hunter
hunterharp.com