[Harp-L] John Nemeth - Meteor Amps

In a message dated 1/28/2005 9:07:19 A.M. Central Standard Time,
Fangtian32@xxxxxxx writes:

OUCH!!!!!! I guess that hurt....send me your info and I will send you a  copy
of the gig.It came out great...your amp is really honkin on  there!

Just a note on Scooter's amps that are being referred to here by  Fangtian32.
 The Meteor.  I was out of gigging for a couple  of years due to prostate
cancer and it's complications.  In getting back  going again, I've been searching
for a solid rig and ended up with a couple of  amps I am pleased with.  In
that search, I bought a Meteor from  Scooter.  I've been gigging with it about a
month now and my  expectations have been exceeded about the sound being
produced by this  amp.

Instead of spending money on an amp trying to get it optimized,  take the
package offered by Scooter.  You will be money and time  ahead.  I will promise
you that the sound of this amp is beyond what most  of us can accomplish on our
own tweaking amps.

Several times already I have had other musicians from bands I  know come to
my gig and comment on the amp itself.  Common  denominators are: the right
amount of distortion, warmth, bass response and  cut.  It is 50 watts that can be
turned down and still sound great.

I have had all the amps a person could want including Bassman, Twin,
Harvard, Champ, Super Reverb, SJ1, SJ2 and etc.  All were very good  harp amps at the
end of the day.  I am proud to say that I owned them at  one time or another.
 The Twin and Harvard will remain.  However, this  Meteor is the best of the
lot in my opinion.   I forgot, I have a  Kalamazoo 2 on loan to my grandson.
Anyone with grandsons  will know why he ended up with the Kalamazoo over the
Twin and  Harvard.

I bought the Meteor sort of cold.  I had a couple of good reports back  from
other owners, but it was a leap of faith for the most part.  I figured  it
would end up on Ebay if it was a bust.  Don't be as hesitant as I  was.  This amp
is for real.  If you are in the market for an amp;  this is the one to get.

For information about the Meteor, contact Scooter at _10hole@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
(mailto:10hole@xxxxxxxxxxxx) .  Great amp  builder and nice person to deal with
after the sale as well.  I would say  some other nice things about the amp,
but I'm not getting paid for it so  I'm cutting it short.

Boogie