Re: [Harp-L] San Francisco/Amateurs and pros

Bill is absolutely right when he says no one is born knowing how to play
with a band. I well remember a jam I had in the summer after my first
year in college where the leader of the session shook my hand at the end
of the night and said -- in a voice loud enough to be heard in the back
of the room -- "LISTEN!  LISTEN!  LISTEN!"

Of course, it's smarter to learn from other peoples' mistakes than from
one's own, and I hope the members of this list who are just learning to
play now are smarter than I was then.

Regards, Richard Hunter
hunterharp.com