Re: [Harp-L] new, fun thread! braces...

Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 06:48:40 -0600
From: Jaime Viehweg <harpie@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] new, fun thread!  braces...
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
8<
> Now for the question, do any of you have any experience with having your
> teeth straightened *after* learning to play the harmonica?  What I'm
> concerned about is that I would need to re-learn how to play 8<
>
> I await the plethora of stellar wisdom that I'm sure will stuff my
> mailbox later today!
>
> Thanks.
> jaime

Practice makes perfect.
Maybe there will be a bit of adjustment.  But, if you're practising
regularly during the two years you're wearing your braces, and assuming the
point of wearing braces for two years is to adjust your teeth slowly over
that period of time, you shouldn't notice a thing.

If however you stop playing for two years.. well, regardless of braces or
not, you'll still have to put in some work to get back to where you are now
- so either way you're no better or worse off for it.

The main concern I'd have about braces is whether or not its possible to
play with them - but what you've described sounds like the ideal fix for
someone in your situation.
-- G.