From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of R.S.
Sent: Monday, January 24, 2005 7:24 AM
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] Big Rivers

I decided I wanted some country tuned harps so I
picked up a Blues Band in C and Big River in G, A, C.
I hadn't tuned reeds before so I wanted cheaper harps
in case I broke one.

In any event I tuned the reeds without a problem and
really liked the new tuning but the harps played
terribly.  Too much wind and lack of response,
especially on the low notes.
So I used the Micropore tape fix to provide a gasket
then lowered the gap.  I cannot believe how great they
sound and play now.

Anyone else have any feelings about the Big Rivers?

Thanks
Rick