To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2005 9:09 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] New person

Hello all,

Just joined the list. I've read a lot of posts. Good
stuff. I started playing harp in 1975. Been playing
off and on all that time but my other musical
interests took precedent. Now I'm getting back into
harps full swing. Bluegrass has been my favorite. I
learned many Charlie McCoy tunes as a teenager and
have played with a few bluegrass bands. Having been
mostly riff oriented I've been working more on melody
and old time fiddle tunes in first position. I play
mostly diatonic but I like chromatics as well. I'm
still trying to get the overblows down.

I'm looking for a new chromatic. I've been thinking
about a 64X. Are they well liked? I'll also
probably tinker with the G Hohner 12 hole I have right
now to see if I can get it to respond better.

Also, where's a good source for learning how to re-gap
the reeds?