[Harp-L] (no subject)

Message: 12
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 16:30:09 -0800
From: Vergil Mueller <vcm2@xxxxxxxx>

> I am considering the Shaker Madcat for a couple of reasons, but I had
> some questions about how people feel about it.  I realize that taste in
> mics is a very personalized question, but since I know very little about
> mics, I thought I would open it up to some feedback from mic veterans
8<
> If anyone has any general recommendations about why or why not the
> Madcat is a good mic, let 'er rip.  Also, are there any other mic
> recommendations for a guy who plays a good bit of non-blues as well as
> blues?
> Thanks,
> Vergil

Hi Vergil,
I liked my MadCat when I first got it.  But after getting a couple of
decent Shure mics since, I sold mine.

Reading your email, I suggest you visit a music shop and check out the
Shure 545SD.  Wire it for high impedance and let rip.  A very versatile mic.

More here:
  http://www.angelfire.com/music/harmonica/ampdmics.html
-- G.