[Harp-L] Shaker Madcat?

Some friends and I recently started a rock/funk band and I am getting ready to buy my first mic. I am considering the Shaker Madcat for a couple of reasons, but I had some questions about how people feel about it. I realize that taste in mics is a very personalized question, but since I know very little about mics, I thought I would open it up to some feedback from mic veterans (no pun intended).

Here are my questions/comments on what I have read about the Shaker Madcat so far:

1) The manufacturer's description says it is small enough and shaped so that you can do the natural "wah-wah" effect with your hands, and the mic will pick it up. Is this true? How effectively does it reproduce the traditional acoustic wah sound, or is it a different sound?

2) Since I'll be playing several different styles of music and might need to sound "clean" from time to time, I am looking for a mic that has a good range of different sounds or styles. I have heard that the Madcat has a somewhat "clean" sound naturally because of its relatively weak signal, but that you can also get the "thick, hot" sound with it if you use a preamp and/or have the volume controls set right. How accurate is this claim? What configurations (pre-amps, amps, settings) have been used to get a good, thick blues sound?

If anyone has any general recommendations about why or why not the Madcat is a good mic, let 'er rip. Also, are there any other mic recommendations for a guy who plays a good bit of non-blues as well as blues?

Thanks,
Vergil