Re: [Harp-L] Shure Guitarist UHF Wireless

----- Original Message ----- From: "Matthew Prouty" <matthewprouty@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, January 14, 2005 3:13 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] Shure Guitarist UHF Wireless

Howdy all,

I am considering buying a wireless system to use on stage and was
wondering if anyone has tried the Shure Guitarist system?  Or anyother
recommendations.

It wasn't the cheapest, but I have been well satisfied with my Sennheiser with lapel mic. It has three uhf frequencies to avoid interference with other equipment, your choice of mic or line input to the belt transmitter, two gain levels set at the transmitter, and two antennas and rf front ends on the receiver to avoid dead spots. I found that I can use the line and mic inputs at the same time to mix harmonica/mic and guitar/pickup signals.

The receiver has both rf and audio signal strength indications on a backlighted liquid crystal screen.

If the Shure has all of these features or you decide that you don't need all of them, it will probably be cheaper.

Vern
Visit my harmonica website: http://www.Hands-Free-Chromatic.7p.com