Re: [Harp-L] paddy tuned for blues

Paddy-Richter tuning is one of the "standards" I use :)

I seldom play blues with this tuning, not only because
of the missing IV chord, but the 3rd hole bend is now
limited to a semitone, the B to Ab legato is gone, which
is a major drawback to me.

For 2nd position, the missing IV chord is replaced by ii
chord. For 1st position it is more fun, You can play a
I-vi-ii-V7 progression in a limited manner. When you lose
something, you'll always get something else back.

Not to mention the fantastic 4th position capability, and
the clean intonation of the A note.

IMO, Paddy-Richter might not play better blues in the
traditional style, but it sure opens another door for
many styles.

Nidalap :D~

--
Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die.