[Harp-L] Paddy Richter for Blues?

Then Tim Moyer wrote:

> I play Paddy Richter tunings for pretty much everything these days.
> I'm not primarily a blues player, but I do a fair amount of I-IV-V
> stuff sitting in with other people.  The only thing I missed when I
> switched to the raised 3 blow was the 3-6 octave, which I used to
> use pretty frequently.  I'm not much for chords, even when chugging,
> so the IV chord was no great loss for me.

But Tim, what about the fact that you when you raise the 3 blow you lose that deep 1-1/2 step bend
on the 3 draw?   You said you're not primarily a blues player, but the question was whether Paddy
is good for blues.  I say the reduced bendability of that 3 draw makes Paddy (and Melody Maker
which is just Paddy on the blow plane and Double Country on the draw plane) unsatisfactory for
blues.   Unless of course you have a retuned XB!  Then you get to keep your deep 3 bend AND have
your raised 3 blow.  It's like having your cake and eating it too!