Re: [Harp-L] Re: Case quandry

On Jan 10, 2005, at 11:59 AM, Garry Hodgson wrote:

G <gigs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

True. I did get uncomfortable when strangers would walk up to me and ask
me if I was a harp player, and what did I have in the case/bag wanting to
have a look ... "ummm, no." Funny how I haven't struck that for a couple of
years now.

you could wear dark suits and glasses, and handcuff it to your wrist. they'd think you were a fed.

not sure whether that would help or hurt, come to think of it.
never mind.

----
Garry Hodgson, Technical Consultant, AT&T Labs

I use a modified black clarinet case. Affixed thereto is a length of chrome choker (dog) chain. On the end of the chain is one handcuff. Glued to the case are the words (written out in polished brass reeds) "Kiss My Brass". The chain goes on for special occasions (New Years gig). I wore Rose trousers, a Peach jacket, Mauve shirt, and Flamingo tie.....No, no sunglasses.
smo-joe