Re: [Harp-L] Feedback: WHY??

I do nnot understand the problem that harmonica players have with Feedback!

My first mic had a volume knob, because everybody told me that it was needed. But one day, I took off that volume control because I would find the sound better and more powerful without volume knob.

Since, I have always used microphone without control knob for the volume( even taken off the volume knob on the microphone that had one). But, I also have never had any troubles with feedback. I am used to play "hard" and to blow "hard" into my harmonicas and my microphone, but I do not likely have troubles with feedback.

I just plug and play. I had that discussion with a french harmonica player known for its killing sound, Nico Wayne Toussaint, and He told me the same: He does not have trouble with Feedback though He uses microphones withotut volume control.

Meanwhile, we both have a particular hand-cupping. Would this be the reason why?

I have been using and I am currently using diferent microphones, taken in hands or put on a mic stand: Shure Beta 58, PG56, Turner DX22, AKG123, Shure SM57, Shure 545, JT30... And none of them give me feedback troubles.

When I am playing on stage, I am used to be straight in front of the amplifier, putting the amp on a stand (to make changes easy to do) about 1 meter above the ground, and I rock back about 45° the amp to have the sound straight to my ears.

Can anybody explain to me why I do not get any feedback?? (meanwhile, I do not mind to not get feedback, lol)

Froggy

Créez votre Yahoo! Mail