[Harp-L] Case quandry (was: Re: Harp Cases Question)

G. wrote:
"I've found laptop soft cases very useful for carrying harps and equipment around <snip> But usually I can fit a set of harps, a mic, the harp commander and cables in a bum bag that I originally bought for
tramping which I sling over my shoulder."

Here's the thing about cool harp cases: They sorta scream, "Hey, thieves! I'm valuable -- steal me!" This is esecially true if you're using a camera, computer and handgun case. I doubt there are that many crackheads prowling around hoping to steal a case full of spitty, old harmonicas. But if they THINK there's a camera or computer or .38 special or clarinet in that case, well, those are very pawnable items. I like cool harp cases as much as the next guy (I have a converted tool box with removable tray up top for harps, while mics/cords/pedals/etc. go underneath). But these days, more often than not, I stow a handful of harps, mic and Harp Commander in an old shaving kit and then tote it around the city in a non-descript knapsack or, as G. calls it, a bum bag! :-) Few thieves would even give it a second glance.
MN