[Harp-L] RE: rapid fire notes

---Pete wrote:
When I want two notes in rapid succession I have tried to double
tongue...........can't get as good an articulation of notes as.. "very" fast
diaphragmatic...breaths.

=====Winslow asks:
What do you mean by "good"?

each note heard distinctly

=====Winslow comments:
Generally speaking, the deeper down you do something, the
more "massive" the effect, while the farther forward you do
something - toward the actual harmonica - the more crisp the
articulation. So tongue articulation would give you crispness while
diaphragmatic
pulses will give you a larger pulsation of the individual notes.

In thinking about your response, I realize there can't be tongue
articulation without diaphragmatic pulses. The tongue can only articulate
the air of the in-breath or out-breath.  I think, maybe, my solution is in
the proper combination of each, and properly developing the muscle memory
through gradual increases in speed.

Thanks for the help Winslow!