Re: [Harp-L] New subject: Why is a harmonica called a harp?

My father, born in Indiana in 1906, started playing the "mouth harp" (as he called it all his life) when he was about 8 years old. Soon played for local barn dances and other family gatherings, etc, in the Logansport and Royal Center areas of Indiana. He bought me my first harmonica when I was 8 years old - a Hohner Goliath (double reed tremolo), which I still have, but I didn't actually start playing harmonica until I was 35, and that was the "bassharp"! I treasure the memories.
Danny

--
BassHarp
PO Box 5061