[Harp-L] Rpx400 Live Situation

This evening, I used the RP400 in a live and very loud blues/funk
situation.  It sounded great!!  I had a a minor feedback problem
during the first song but was able to tweak it by mid song.

I like playing though this thing better than an amp.  It sounded just
like an amp through the PA.  The guitarist though it sounded better
than an amp.  He made a comment that my tone was very thick and
didn't realize I wasn't playing through the amp until the break.

I see no point in buying the vocal version. The RP400 allows you to
plug in either and XLR mic or 1/4 or both at the same time and you
have the amp modeling available if you need it.  We did one jazz
standard and I switched to a clean jazz patch - beautiful tone and I
didn't feel the need to use the 441 though I probably will on jazz
gig because its a much better mic than the RE10.

I actually prefer playing through the RP400 because I can hear myself
better than with the amp alone.  Every gigging harmonica player
should have one of these.

Thank Rob P and Randy S for turing me on to this thing.

Peace y'all

Chris Michalek

www.michalekstrone.com