[Harp-L] rapid fire notes

When I want two notes in rapid succession I have tried to double tongue
using the syllables "tuk ka".  For three notes is use "tuk ka tu".  I can't
seem to get as good an articulation of notes as when I use three "very" fast
diaphragmatic in-breaths.  (The kind of in-breaths that really make your
belly bounce.)

Am I doing something wrong with the double/triple tonguing, or must the
double/triple tonguing be accompanied by sharp diaphragmatic in-breaths to
get good articulation?

Jr.