Re: [Harp-L] 2004 Favorite CDs

PT Gazell wrote:

Clint Hoover         "Dream of the Serpent Dog"
   What tone,what phrasing, what ideas, what a player!
---I just got that CD myself...it is outstanding.Three other harmonica CDs that I listened to lots in 2004:
1] Jason Ricci: "Feel Good Funk" Actually I don't think this CD really catches Jason Ricci as well as his live shows do...but still it's a glimpse of the most dynamic young blues player around.Can't wait for the new one...
2] Chris Michalek : "Hey is for Horses" At times wonderfully tuneful, even spiritual...and some of the most advanced diatonic playing outside of Howard Levy. Chris and Jason are the young lions of diatonic...why not the two of them playing together on a future CD?
3]Kim Wilson: "Looking for Trouble" What a bad ass Kim Wilson is...the best of the traditional blues harpists and one of the best blues singers of his generation...IMO, and obviously lots of other folks,too.

My wish list for 2005 would include that Mitch Weiss would record a CD...if you haven't heard him, check him out at www.ampcast.com/mitchweiss This is a great player who deserves to be heard even more than he is...
WVa Bob